[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Fri May 6 03:57:54 PDT 2005

I have started ripping CD's with mp3 VBR with a minimum bit rate of
192 Kbps.  For me, this difference between this and 128 mp3 is flat
out amazing.  Use a visualizer like vTunes-Skyscraper and compare the
same track ripped different ways - it's amazing to see and hear
what's been thrown away in the lower bitrate-encoded tracks.  I
bought a retrospective album by Swervedriver that I ripped this way -
since I had many of the tracks already (ripped at 128 Kbps mp3) I
thought they had remastered the audio!  So much richer, definitely
worth the extra hard drive space.

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.4
pkrug at mac.com