[X4U] Copying User Accounts

P. H. Adams phadams at mac.com
Fri May 6 13:44:11 PDT 2005

On May 7, 2005, at 5:33 AM, Fabian Fang wrote:

> Carbon Copy Cloner 2.3 was released in late 2003, and does not work
> under Tiger.  A fix is in the works.  However, you can use
> SuperDuper 1.5.5(74), which supports Tiger.  I like SuperDuper a
> little better anyway.

Thanks, Fabian. I think I may give SuperDuper a try -- I've heard
good things about it. How should I employ it to move my user
accounts? If I just copy them over to the external will they be
recognized by the system, or should I create new accounts and copy
the data over? Each account has specific settings so I was hoping to
avoid the pain of having to reset all of them.

-patch