[X4U] Malware for Mac...

Zane H. Healy healyzh at aracnet.com
Mon May 9 14:34:33 PDT 2005

Art Wrote:
> On May 9, 2005, at 12:21 PM, Hector Luna wrote:
>
> > On 5/9/05, Peter Krug <pkrug at mac.com> wrote:
> > Yes. If you're a computer admin you could take it a bit further and
> > make ~/Library/Widgets read-only as well...
>
> Just tried that. It won't let me.

What won't let you?  I removed *ALL* Read, Write, and Execute permissions to
both users ~/Library/Widgets directories, and removed the write permissions
on the systems /Library/Widgets directory this morning.  Setting it on
/Library/Widgets is probably a little paranoid, and like I said this
morning, I don't know if this will have any negative effects on the system.

                Zane