[X4U] Account Preferences question

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Mon May 9 18:10:51 PDT 2005

On May 9, 2005, at 6:29 PM, Vince Lewis wrote:

> On May 9, 2005, at 4:08 PM, Kansas Territory wrote:
>

>> I had a second user account, set up while running under Mac OSX
>> 10.3.9 or there about.
>>
>> Anyway, I've upgraded to Tiger
>>
>> Now I try to go into System Preferences and click "Accounts"
>>
>> it shows my login(an admin account) and  it shows the second User
>> account.
>>
>> It won't let me select the secondary User account. So I'm unable
>> to make any changes.
>> I click on the Lock icon below, and login with my admin user
>> account, but I still can't select the secondary user account to
>> make changes.
>>

> I'll wager it's because you didn't click the lock icon in the lower
> left corner of the panel.

Not to be a smart ass..  but as I said in my original post.. I click
the Lock icon and provide the correct Administrator username and
password.  The lock icon then shows it to be unlocked.  but it still
won't let me select the  second user account icon to edit it.  It's
not grayed out or anything. But clicking on it does nothing.

I've tried repairing permissions which only found like two things.
But still no success.

Suppose the next step would be to create a NEW admin account
(assuming it will let me do that much) and then see if when logged in
with that new admin account, can I edit other user accounts..

Kansast