[X4U] DVD regions issue

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Tue May 10 00:17:34 PDT 2005

Hi Jan,

Not having loaded a different region disc in my Mac for a while I can't
remember the exact series of events that happen, but if you can get the
disc mounted on the desktop (perhaps by ignoring the region change
request) then you can use "Mac The Ripper" to save the disc to your hard
drive. It will make it region free and remove a few other restrictions for
you.

Then do with it as you please.

Cheers,

Coj

Jan Melichar <janmel at mac.com>

As part of some teaching material I am preparing I have to look
through a wide range of films and it's most convenient to look at
these via DVDs. Many (well some anyway) are only available as region
1 DVD which means a switch on my region 2 mac. The system provides
for a small number of changes of regions which is not much use to me.
Can anyone suggest a way round this short of getting a separate
regions free DVD player?

Jan