[X4U] Mail Filters (was: Tiger... why...)

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Thu May 12 13:56:29 PDT 2005

   I've wondered why the filters were so rudimentary. Plus:

    - Why not filter messages that are full of, or contain a block of
   non-grammatical/misspelled text? Or even a nonsensical/misspelled subject
   line?

You mean messages like:

	LOL! Friday

Which could be my response to someone asking if we could move a
meeting from Friday to Wednesday (presumably in a non-formal way).

    - Allow me to filter messages that are in a foreign language I can't read?

And when they ask if they should bring anything and I answer:

	Nine.  Nada.

Which would also trip the first one...

    - Filter messages in all caps? Oh, sure, that will sometimes filter out
   messages from my well meaning Mom, but it will be a chance to teach her good
   netiquette!

These I can see filtering...(:-).

Craig