[X4U] System Volume Boost App for iBook?

Rob Kendall robkendall at mac.com
Thu May 12 17:26:52 PDT 2005

I'm sure you are right as far as the speaker limitations go; they are clearly tiny/tinny/crappy speakers. BUT; if I go into itunes, set the 'EQ' preamp to high and/or jack-up an individual song's 'get info' -> 'Volume Option' to high, I can at least get respectable volume out of the speakers before it hits unlistenable distortion levels.  (i.e., i can be in a room with ambient noise and still be able to hear the sounds)

I'm *assuming* that something similiar is possible for the system volume which controls general level of sound playback for web audio sources or movies etc.  I remember Audio Hijack from a while ago might have done somthing like this, but i'm not sure, at any rate a freeware one-trick-pony app would be all I really need, though spending a couple bucks is do-able as well.

-Rob