[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

Eddie Hargreaves meged at earthlink.net
Thu May 12 22:49:20 PDT 2005

On 5/5/05 8:00 AM, revDAVE <coolcat at hostalive.com> wrote:

> I'm curious to find out what importing format and  bit rate settings you
> generally like to use when importing audio into iTunes. Years ago, the
> standard was MP3 at 128 bitrate - sample rate 44.1,  but now I'm curious
> what people like to do.

Originally I used MP3 at 128, since I had a 6GB HD. After bumping that up to
40GB, I changed to MP3 at 160, which was the standard Apple used to
approximate how many songs would fit on an iPod.

When Apple added AAC support, I started using the default AAC 128 setting in
order to fit more songs on my 10GB iPod. I'm still using that setting,
although it has proven annoying that support for that format isn't
widespread (TiVo Desktop, etc.)

Eddie Hargreaves