[X4U] Rip It Up - iTunes Import Settings Survey

Stroller MacMonster at myrealbox.com
Fri May 13 09:27:19 PDT 2005

On May 13, 2005, at 12:29 pm, eleventhvolume wrote:

> That news prompts another question: As I'm running out of space I'm
> thinking
> of buying a Mac Mini and a largeish LaCie hard drive to serve music and
> photos over a wireless network. Would accessing via iApps a shared
> external
> drive containing said media from one or more laptops around the house
> be a
> workable way of going about things?

iTunes seems to work fine streaming over a network, but I don't think
network storage is so good for iPhoto.

I seem to recall that accessing shared photos on another computer does
not allow you access to the original, once they've been edited. Does it
allow you to edit shared photos in the first place? I think you can
copy images from a shared iPhoto library to your local one and edit
them, but then you can't transfer them back?

This might not matter much to other people, but I'm a bit obsessive
about trying to retain the quality of originals.

I also don't know about other iApps.

Stroller.