[X4U] N00b iMovie/iDVD question

Jesse Leo jleo at projectsupport.com
Sat May 14 08:48:28 PDT 2005

Hi all,

We have a DVD project on our old G4 400 that we would like to get over to
our brand new Powerbook. The old Mac is running iLife04, and does NOT have a
DVD burner (we borrowed an external for a day to make the movie DVD). The
new Mac has the SuperDrive and iLife05.

Well now we need to do 2 things -- 1) get the entire movie project from old
Mac to new, and 2) start burning copies of the movie for family.

Can anyone recommend the best way to get there? I know that simply copying
the movie.dvdproj file won't work. Someone said I could turn the dvd project
into a .ISO file, but I cant see how this is done with the old iLife.

Or would it make sense, for now, to simply insert the movie DVD into the new
Mac and make copies (is that even possible)?

Any tips or advice yall have would be great.

Thanks so much!

Jesse