[X4U] Widgets...

Peter Krug pkrug at mac.com
Sat May 14 18:37:18 PDT 2005

On May 14, 2005, at 7:53 AM, Peter Saint James wrote:

>     I found it interesting that a good many of the widgets only
> work when one is on-line.  It seems that Apple (and probably the
> kid in Redmond) is moving toward assuming that everyone is on-line
> all the time.   How long before dial-up is a thing of the past?
>     If this is truly the way things are going, it seems a sort of
> digression.  At first people used workstations that connected to
> giant computers.  Advent of the personal computer was considered a
> revolution.  Now it seems that personal computers are devolving
> into workstations for the internet.  Will it really come to that?
> What are the ramifications?  More control over who does what with
> their computer?

Peter,  perhaps you should read some of this:

http://www.macsimumnews.com/index.php/archive/
next_wave_tigers_real_secret_weapon_to_rock_the_market/

A quote:
"By definition, a Webtone denotes continuous, immediate access to the
Internet, with sufficient bandwidth to deliver services via mobile
phones, supercomputers, and Web appliances. Apple’s use of Device
over IP will be found symbiotically connected to Xserves – based on
Tiger. Apple’s Webtone will be introduced on a new breed of hardware
that won’t use OS X Tiger on the client side, but rather a new kind
of consumer GUI that is “live,” always on, and ready to serve you."

Peter

A little computer haiku:
I can't remember
the last time I restarted
I love OS X

This message sent with Mail.app 2.0 on Mac OS X 10.4
pkrug at mac.com