[X4U] Re: Why anyone would stick with Entourage over Mail...

Enrico Franconi franconi at inf.unibz.it
Mon May 16 01:02:49 PDT 2005

On 12 May 2005, at 22:39, Bill White wrote:
> On 5/12/05 4:30 PM, John Lyon <jelyon at mac.com> wrote:
>> I like the tight integration between the Entourage address book,
>> calendar,
>> notes, and tasks. If I use mail, that's 4 separate apps I'm using.
>> I prefer the integrated PIM.
>
> I'll second all of the above! And as I said yesterday, its
> AppleScript-ability can't be beat. While that might not matter to most
> people, it's a show stopper for me.

I agree that Entourage is far superior to Mail.
However, I stick to Mail exactly because of Applescript.
In fact, in Entourage there is a well known bug (never fixed) that
disallows to save messages in imap folders using Applescript.
This seems a rather important operation to me :-)
Most of my mail organising scripts rely on this command to work...

cheers
--e.