[X4U] Defrag utility for Tiger

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon May 16 12:23:00 PDT 2005

PoolMouse said:

>oh, stop being so sensitive.

So I get to call you anything that *I* want to, and if you take offense,
it is just that you are being too sensitive?

This could be fun.  Though I doubt that the list is interested in a flame
war.

>the simple fact of the matter is you
>make it a point to promote third party "solutions" with a seemingly
>total disregard to common sense and best practice.

Okay, do you want me to say "MAKE SURE TO BACK UP FIRST!" everytime that
I post?  The folks here are generally adults, and they by and large they
aren't newbies.  They know that they should be backing up before doing
anything.

>almost every
>single one of your posts seems aimed at kissing up to third party
>vendors who sell useless tools that foster bad habits and puts the
>user at risk of losing data.

That's your mostly worthless opinion.  I suspect that some folks here
might like to know about some of those tools.  (As evidenced by things
like their asking about them.)

>when are you going to admit that a scratch disk and larger boot disk
>is the simple solution?

You can throw lots of money at just about any problem.  I think that it
would be a fine idea to have four or five huge hard drives, both for
reduncancy, scratch space, and to back up to.   But not everyone has the
funds for that.  Not everyone has the luxury of being able to back up
their entire drive, and wipe it clean and start over with the drive empty
as you suggest. In fact, I suspect that few people do.  So folks want to
know what utilities they can use to optimize what they have, not what
they could have if they had unlimited funds.

>time to move on, dude. stop kissing up to
>third party snake oil sales people and start using some common sense.

What are you, twelve years old?  Why don't you start acting a little more
mature.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html