[X4U] Help with internet connection

cmedbery at coxinet.net cmedbery at coxinet.net
Tue May 17 02:58:27 PDT 2005

I have a new G5/dual 2.7/8 GB RAM/250 GB HD
I transferred settings from my old G4 and couldn't connect to the internet. I
threw away all internet and network preferences and re-started and still can't
connect. The network system preference shows that I have a static (correct) IP
address and am connected to the internet, and I can ping the machine from
another one. But I can't get mail or connect with Safari. I'm sure this is
something simple, but I can't figure it out.