[X4U] Open tray

cmedbery at coxinet.net cmedbery at coxinet.net
Tue May 17 03:41:15 PDT 2005

I have a G4 dual 1.42 I have just replaced with a G5. Just before replacement
Diskwarrior reporting problems it could not repair. Since I was changing, I
just waited to make the change. Over the weekend, while I was out of town,
the computer quit and won't recognize that hard drive. I have all my data on
the new G5. I can start the G4 in target disk mode and see my attached
firewire drives, but the internal hard drive does not show with anything. I am
willing to install Tiger and erase the HD in the process. But how do I open the
CD tray on the G4? I tried starting with the mouse held but nothing happens.
If the hard drive doesn't show, how can I even use terminal? and if I use
terminal, how do I go about it?