[X4U] Major Tiger problem, login has spinning beachball > 5 hours

John Daschbach jldasch at mac.com
Tue May 17 18:14:28 PDT 2005

Thanks for the tip on the shift key, one I didn't know about.  In the
end I solved my problem by loging by remotely by ssh from another box
and deleting fonts in my local font directory.  At some point I must
have deleted the right font and suddenly the login proceeded.

Although the problem is solved, I still think it should be the
responsibility of the login process to manage delays like this (5+
hours is just too long!) and handle them gracefully.

-John