[X4U] thunderbird

DZ-Jay dz at caribe.net
Wed May 18 08:18:47 PDT 2005

>>Just set up Thunderbird with two accounts. The mil's is all comingled.
>>How do I separate the two accounts so the mail in each can be viewed
>>separately?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>
>>    Mitchell

Took me a while (I knew it was there, because I've seen it before!), but
I finally found it:

1. Open up the Account Settings window
2. Select any one of the accounts and click on the "Server Settings" section
3. Somewhere in there, around "Empty trash on exit", there's a button
that says "Advanced..." (yes, wtf?!); click it.
4. This will bring the "Advanced Account Settings" window; from there,
click the POP tab and choose either:
	a. Global Inbox
	b. Inbox for this server's account
	c. Inbox for different account

I believe that what you want is (b), "Inbox for this server's account".

I have no idea why they put the "Advanced Account Settings" button in
the "Server Settings" section instead of the main section; I guess they
thought its an advanced "POP Server" setting (?).  But what escapes me
is why they put it to the right of the "Empty Trash on Exit", which
implies some sort of association with this feature.  I think this is why
most of us miss it -- since we don't seem to care much about "Advanced"
settings for emptying trash on exit :) Oh well...

	Hope this helps.
	dZ.