[X4U] Another question about cloning

PoolMouse poolmouse_nyc at mac.com
Thu May 19 05:33:54 PDT 2005

Brett Conlon <brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au> wrote:

>Hi Kevin,
>
>By now you will have found out that a simple reboot makes these items
>become invisible again - as they should be. This happens immediately after
>any image restoration or cloning I've done. Choosing the new partition to
>boot off and restarting fixes it all up.
>
>I'm unsure about your size difference though. I hadn't noticed it
>myself... will check next time.
>
>Speaking with Don last night he pointed out that the Restore feature in
>Disk Utility doesn't follow the asr ruling as strictly as NetRestore does.
>I'll have to revisit that again.
>
>Cheers,
>
>Coj

might want to hop over to the bombich forum for the best feedback on
imaging/deployment. this list is aimed more at "casual users".

<http://bombich.com/forums/index.php>

we're still using netrestore 1.5.1 and lwm 1.1 but new versions of
each were released:

<http://www.bombich.com/software/netrestore.html>
<http://www.bombich.com/software/lwm.html>

i really never have a use for ccc anymore. i stick to netrestore for
all imaging.

don