[X4U] Disk Recovery?

Andy Hannen andy.hannen at virgin.net
Thu May 19 09:39:56 PDT 2005

>> Any recommendations about people who do disk recovery.

> You might try slapping it a few times pretty hard. I have done that a
> few time on hard drives that exhibit the clicking noise. That might get
> it to boot long enough to grab your data. Usually though, if it is
> clicking then it is dead, or very near death. Good luck!
>
> --Bob Aldridge
> Huntsville, AL

Or try putting the bare drive (ie out of it's firewire enclosure) into an
air tight bag and pop it into the deep freezer for 3-4 hours. Then connect
it up fairly quickly.(either internally or back in the enclosure).
I have seen this work a number of times and a few people on these lists have
also had success. Otherwise you're looking at $$$$$ or £££££ for a data
recovery company.
Good luck

Andy