[X4U] DVD data discs

Craig A. Finseth fin at finseth.com
Thu May 19 10:48:59 PDT 2005

   Is it possible, for someone on a Windoze box.. to burn a DVD data
   disc, that is not viewable/loadable on a Macintosh with a DVD reader ?

Sure.  I can burn a disk on a Windows box that isn't viewable from
another Windows box.  If I create a proprietary format and don't give
you a reeader, you're sunk.

The disks themselves are interchangable and there's nothing in the
format to keep any other machine out.

Note that even if you use proprietary encodings such as WMP, a Mac
running a Windows emulator can still view them.

What's more to the point: why do you care?

Craig