[X4U] DVD data discs

Kansas Territory kansast at mac.com
Thu May 19 12:12:11 PDT 2005

On May 19, 2005, at 1:46 PM, Alex wrote:

> On May 19, 2005, at 14:20, Craig A. Finseth wrote:
>

>> there are minor incompatabilities among drives
>> and media: you just may have a combination that doesn't work.
>>

> Let alone the fact that quite a few Macs have drives which do not
> support DVD+R... A number of things could be going on, but, given
> the lack of details of the original post, there's no way to tell what.

No more details were given. Because I had none.
A friend, in another office.  Couldn't read a DVD disc.  At first I
thought it was a DVD video, turns out it was a DVD data disc of some
kind.  that was unreadable on the several different macs they have
with DVD readers on them.

Knowing that it was a DVD data disc, not a DVD video disc.  I hoped
to verify that it could just possibly be burned in some format that
is not readable by their macs.  And tried to determine if maybe they
would have better luck finding a Windoze box with a DVD reader, to
see if it would work (which is what I suggested, before posting the
question here)

and as someone else posted.. it could be other reasons not even
related to windoze->OSX.

thanks for the replies.

Kansast