[X4U] Re: Tiger-unquittable/killable apps?- "Kill -9"

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Fri May 20 12:18:15 PDT 2005

You know, I keep seeing "kill -9" mentioned.  I know how to use
Terminal to kill a process like "Kill 257", but is "kill -9"
something specific?  I looked under man kill, and see that -9 is
"KILL (non-catchable, non-ignorable)".  So when I kill a PID by
typing "kill 257", is that "using kill -9"?

Thanks from the UNIX newbie.

Michael