[X4U] Annoying mail UI "feature" (glitch)

Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sat May 21 07:53:01 PDT 2005

Yes. Moreover, in Tiger, the mailbox list is only allowed on the left
of the emails list instead of letting us choose our preference for it
to be on the right AND, on my 1.25 GHz G4 PowerBook, when choosing a
mailbox that has a huge number of unread emails (saving all for
future searches - over 72,000 and 24,000) it takes a very long time
for the re-indexing or whatever to finally display the updated list -
way longer than it ever did in Panther. On by D2 G5 it's not a
problem either because it's a G5 or because my number of unreads is a
much smaller 8,200 and 2800. I really don't like that we can't
display mailboxes on the right any more. It is counter intuitive for
the mailbox list to be on the left for me. Am I missing something
that will let me put the list on the right?