[X4U] voice recording weirdness

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Sun May 22 03:56:44 PDT 2005

     When I record voice in Garage Band it records slow so that when
playing back it sound like Alvin the Chipmunk.

     This also happens with some other applications, but not all.  I
have several language programs, all the same brand but different
versions.  On some this it will happen, on others it will not.  I
don't see a pattern of which work and which don't.

     This is on a Aluminum Powerbook.  It happened in Panther and now
does the same in Tiger.  It does not seem to do it with the built-in
mic, but the built-in is not useful since it picks up so much machine
noise.  It happens with two different headsets.

     TIA

                                                 Peter