[X4U] Updating airport firmware

Jerry Krinock jerry at ieee.org
Sun May 22 13:15:41 PDT 2005

on 05/05/22 11:47, spoonbender at chronos326 at earthlink.net wrote:

> I have the 'snow' dual ethernet basestation, and I`m trying to update
> the firmware. Question I have is do I need to have system 9 installed
> to update the firmware ? I don`t, and I removed it halfway through
> jaguar. If I do need it is there away around it ?

By "system 9", I interpret this to be Mac OS 9, "Classic".

I have such a base station, and have updated the firmware from my powerbook,
but then I have not deleted Classic.  However, Classic does not launch when
I update my firmware.  I can't imagine that you would need Classic to update
any Airport.  What makes you think that Classic might be needed?