[X4U] Partitioning question

Wayne Clodfelter wayne at troutnc.com
Mon May 23 15:01:31 PDT 2005

There is a commercial software that claims to be able to partition and
not lose data, but I do not remember its name. But to be safe, I'd back
up first <g>.
Best bet is to purchase a second HD, cheap enough these days, and
partition it. Move the data to the partitioned drive and THEN partition
the original drive.

On May 23, 2005, at 4:58 PM, Kevin Willis wrote:

> I am interested in partitioning my 120 GB hard drive into 2 60 GB
> drives.  I currently have about 40 GB of data on it.  If I were to
> defragment the drive, would I then be able to partition it without
> losing my data?

Regards,

Wayne Clodfelter
wayne at troutnc.com