[X4U] Format Mac an PC

ksimones at spymac.com ksimones at spymac.com
Mon May 23 16:52:19 PDT 2005

Assuming that you want to share an external drive between a
Mac and PC, you can format it as FAT32 on the PC and the Mac
should read and write to it fine.

One thing to keep in mind is this: Mac uses a file structure
with a data fork and resource fork. You will see the Mac's
resource fork on the PC when you view the files. The file will
be like this: ._filename - DON'T delete these files on the PC
or the file won't be readable when you once again want to mount
it on your Mac.

I just did this last week with an external drive and it works
great. Below are a couple of links I used when researching...

http://www.thexlab.com/faqs/sharefwdrive.html
http://forums.macosxhints.com/archive/index.php/t-32880.html

If this isn't what you wanted to know.. sorry.
-kevin

On Mon May 23 17:18 , Paul Moortgat <paul.moortgat at pandora.be> sent: