[X4U] OT-backup suggestions for a business

Philip J Robar philip.robar at gmail.com
Mon May 23 23:14:24 PDT 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 9:25 PM, Crandon David wrote:

> I know this is definitely off topic, but a friend of mine needs
> some help. He is a diehard Mac user, but for his pathology lab
> business he is forced to use a PC.
>
> For his business he needs to do daily backups. The backups are
> full, not incremental. He needs media that will hold about 9 gigs
> of data for each backup. He does it Monday thru Friday, each day.
> The following Monday he doesn't need the previous weeks data anymore.
>
> Each day needs to be stored on separate media and it's put in a
> fireproof safe.
>
> So what suggestions do you all have on both media and software (PC
> unfortunately).

Dual layer DVD or any number of tape formats.

http://www.pcmag.com/products/?query=sectionhierarchylist%
3A1882&sortby=%2Darticledate&filter=meta%2Ecollection%3Apcmag+and+%
28articletypeid%3A6+or+articletypeid%3A12%29+and+published%3A1+and
+cloned%3A0+andnot+excludedfromsearch%
3AY&filtertype=adv&offset=0&type=all&hits=10&spell=suggest&language=en&r
esubmitflag=2&ispostback=true&cid=1882&sid=1882&gridtitle=Recent%
20Product%20Reviews&categorysearch=true&action=&vs=&advpgttl=

a.k.a

http://tinyurl.com/72z9k

would be a good place to start looking for backup software.

Phil