[X4U] Loss of images in news messages, web, etc...

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Wed May 25 14:23:00 PDT 2005

Mac OS10.3.9, Mac MDD G4, Netscape 7.2

* * * *

Just recently I seem to have lost the capability of portraying (opening)
images in anything I download!

I used to be able to, no problem.
No doubt in my mind it was something I personally did, as I have tried
to bring my newly RE-installed OSX and Netscape 7.2 into what it used to
be before the H.D. was scubbed clean and CPU problems solved.

Now the whole mess works very much faster and crisper, but...all of a
sudden I cannot receive and open images in any URL I open. Everything
but the image opens!

I've tried restoring disc permissions via Disc Utility, I've run
MacJanitor, all with no help.

I don't usually run willy-nilly into things. I've messed with Macs since
1986, and do know a little of what's inside the machine AND the OS, but...
I must have tweaked something, but don't particularly care to spend the
next 2 days randomly and arbitrarily trying this and that, in order to
try to restore my ability to download and open imbedded and attached
images...

Thanks ahead of time for any direction offered!

keith whaley