[X4U] why Tiger? [NOISE]

Brett Conlon brett_conlon at sonymusic.com.au
Thu May 26 00:27:09 PDT 2005

I think it's your centiment that pricked people's attention.

"Enough to make one gag!" etc. added to your email's scent of a rant.

But thank you for teaching me what CB stands for.  ;-}

Coj

keithw <keith_w at dslextreme.com>

Michael Elliott wrote:

> Puhtayto, puhtahto
>
> To me, iChat AV is the thing that allows me to talk--for free--to my
> sister, face to face, overseas.
>
> Michael

Of course, Michael!
I agree with it being almost essential for your purposes!
There will always be some folks for whom any new "enabling" technology
fits to a tee!
Your is certainly one of those. Mark's anecdotes fit that same sort of
need, too!

In truth, the CB radio service fit a few people's needs exactly right,
and became an indispensible tool. I recognize that...
I brought the subject up because for the greatest bulk of folks, it was
another toy to play with and consume gobs of spare time, and the bands
became so crowded with "players" it's usefulness, for even those who
might really _need_ such a service, was almost wasted. Too many people
"chatting" and wasting bandwidth, which interfered with all the others.
It was a mess. That's what prompted my comments.
That can't happen with iChat, which is a _good_ thing!

I am not putting iChat or IM down as a technology. I am merely stating
that for those who have no need for it, having it activated all the time
can become an intrusion, so is not necessarily a "feature" that makes a
good reason for changing to Tiger. For me, that is...

For you, I'm happy it works!

Peace,  keith whaley