[X4U] FireWire vs. USB 2.0

Alex lists at lexial.ca
Thu May 26 07:51:05 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 09:36, DZ-Jay wrote:

>  In the spirit of hands-on learning (and tinkering with stuff :), I'll
> try the experiment suggested by Peter and post back my results.

The more the merrier, but you should be aware that there tons of
comparisons already available on the web -- here's just a random
selection

<http://www.pcworld.com/howto/article/0,aid,104826,00.asp>
<http://www.digit-life.com/articles/usb20vsfirewire/>
<http://www.directron.com/firewirevsusb.html>
<http://www.barefeats.com/usb2.html>

and here's an easy introduction to the FW architecture

<http://www.faculty.iu-bremen.de/birk/lectures/PC101-2003/13firewire/
index.htm>

For anything more than ballpark comparisons, you should consider a tool
such as MBBench, Xbench, or FWB DriveTest.

<0x0192>