[X4U] why Tiger?

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Thu May 26 09:04:27 PDT 2005

Vince Lewis wrote:

>>> Wayne,

[...]

>> Since I systematically delete anything having to do with iChat and
>> various other methods of "sharing" my precious, non-restorable time
>> and especially computer equipment and it's files with anyone else,  I
>> see no benefit whatsoever in invoking OS10.4.
>>
>> iChat and any other kind of Instant Messaging is little more than a
>> new version of Citizen's Band radio! Enough to make one gag!
>>
>> Allowing "sharing" or "networking" when one doesn't have to, to  make
>> a living at it, is the worst kind of folly! In my most humble  and
>> totally personal opinion, of course.
>>
>> My truthspeaking in this regard is likely to get me kicked off the
>> list, if past experience is any indicator. I guess moderators and
>> list owners of Mac-oriented lists really detest anyone putting down
>> any aspect of Apple or Mac industrial efforts, in any form whatsoever.

> You won't get kicked off the list for your OS X opinions, but we'll
> certainly talk about you on the chat list.

Oh, I'd absolutely bet on that! It's what one risks for speaking one's
mind... On the other hand, I'd also put some money on a fair percentage
there agreeing with me on the potential for interruption everytime
they're online...
Unless. of course, that's the only reason you're online in the first place!

>> keith whaley
>> Mac user since 1986...
>>
>> P.S. Hi, Mark...  ;-)

> That last remark is more properly found on a chat list.

Yes, I know... but being civil and acknowledging one's mentors is being
gracious as well as sociable...  <g>

keitih