[X4U] Safari tabs-any way to open home page on new tab?

Vince Lewis vplewis at mac.com
Fri May 27 07:50:18 PDT 2005

On May 26, 2005, at 8:10 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:

> One frustration with Safari:  when I open a new tab with command-T,
> it opens a blank page, meaning that if I want to get to my home
> page, I have to hit a Home short cut on the keyboard or the Home
> button, or enter a URL manually.
>
> I have a local Home Page with links to all of the sites I routinely
> visit.   Any way to make Safari open my home page every time I open
> a new tab?
>
> Michael

Safari Preferences-->General tab--> Home page: text box. Type in
"http://localhost/~yourshortname/" without the quotes to see the
Apache login page.

If you name your home page "Index" and put it in your ~/Sites/ folder
and turn on websharing--don't forget to turn on the Firewall, too--
you can build entire web sites locally running Apache.
ciao,
Vince