[X4U] VNC through router

John Azevedo zoff at mac.com
Fri May 27 10:40:17 PDT 2005

On May 27, 2005, at 12:30 PM, Ean Kingston wrote:

> On May 26, 2005 09:16 pm, John Azevedo wrote:
>
>> I connect to a macmini on my home LAN via VNC and ARD. How can I
>> connect from a remote location? I have a router connected to a cable
>> modem at home and I'll be using dialup from the remote location. I've
>> tried opening port 5900 on the router but I can't connect.
>>

> That should work as long as you are forwarding 5900 to the macmini
> appropriately

How do I forward to the Macmini?
I'm using Chicken of the VNC as a client, I've entered the Macmini's
IP in the Host field and 5900 in the Display/Port field. On the
router (Asante) in the Distributed Servers Setup I've entered 5900 in
the Service Port field, in the Server IP field I've entered the
Macmini's IP and checked the Enable box. Still doesn't work.

Any help is much appreciated.

TIA