[X4U] Safari tabs-any way to open home page on new tab?

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Sat May 28 22:39:06 PDT 2005

On Sat, 28 May 2005, Vince Lewis wrote:

> On May 27, 2005, at 6:43 PM, Michael Elliott wrote:
>
> > Is there anything the easy-equivalent of just selecting my home
> > page in Safari's preferences?
> >
> > It drives me crazy but not THAT crazy :-)
> >
> > Michael

[snip]

> The Really Easy Way=99 is:
> 1. With your home page showing in Safari
> 2. Open Safari Prefs-->General
> 3. Click the button that says Set to Current Page

That's true, but I think what drives the OP crazy (and me too) is that
even though I have a home page set as you suggested, only the initial tab
loads it. Subsequent tabs come up empty. I would really like to hit
command-T and have the new tab pop up my home page, instead of a blank
page.  Firefox is the same... If there is a way in either browser to make
that work, I would be quite happy.

Allan