[X4U] Classic missing!

keithw keith_w at dslextreme.com
Mon May 30 10:55:55 PDT 2005

To make a long story shorter, I had a bad RAM chip, and eventually had
to have my H.D. erased and OS10.3.9 installed.

My MDD G4 was purchased loaded with OS 10.2.6 and Classic pre-installed.
Eventually I upgraded to 10.3.9, but in this latest transition, and the
subsequent restructuring of my H.D. I apparently lost Classic!

I just looked in my current System/Library/Classic [f], and the folder
is empty!

Now, I do have the commercial version of the OS 10.3.2 CDs, plus
- the "restore" CD that came with my G4, which contains OS 10.2.6,
- a commercial version CD with OS 9.2.1 on it.

I do NOT have a copy of 10.3.9 which is presently loaded on my H.D. as
it was installed by the Apple store technician that trouble-shot my CPU
and they did not give me a copy.

Will any of my CDs [above] have Classic on them, that I may move over to
my current System folder?
If so, may I just install Classic from the CD? Boot from the CD and
install ONLY Classic?

Considering my recent "luck" I'd rather not bull my way thru this
procedure by myself, and mess up my working system, so am asking advice
here first...

Thanks for any direction you can give me,

keith whaley