[X4U] why Tiger?

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Tue May 31 06:35:03 PDT 2005

On May 30, 2005, at 2:30 AM, Eugene wrote:

> I think Tiger is more evolutionary for Mac users, and more
> revolutionary
> for Mac developers.

That's a good way to put it. Seems like every time I'm describing what
I think are the most important features of Tiger, it boils down to what
it allows developers to do.

For example, I see so much potential in the search API's in Tiger and
Spotlight just seems to scratch the surface.

Then there's Dashboard. The widgets don't excite me as much as the
ability to program using JavaScript and HTML -which opens the door for
a lot more people.

Same for Core*. Doesn't do a whole lot from the user's perspective, but
it really raises the bar on what developers can include in an app with
minimal work on their own part.

-Mike