[X4U] 10.4 without DVD drive

Mark Gibson gibsonm at bigpond.net.au
Tue Nov 1 10:38:21 PST 2005

At 13:14 -0500 1/11/05, Gail Grainger wrote:
>Thanks for all the responses. I talked to Apple this morning, and they no
>longer offer it on CD. The person I spoke to said that he thought you
>could buy it on DVD, then mail it back and exchange it for CD's. When he
>checked, he found that was no longer an option. With so many Mac's in
>schools, I don't think it was a good decision.
>Thanks,
>Gail
>>  I'm in this same situation with my uncles older iMac.
>>
>>  You can puchase Tiger on CD's also. Just call Apple to find out how.
>>  You can also get an external DVD drive and connect it via Firewire to
>  > each computer.

Gail,

If there is still an active link on the Apple
site (which there is - refer my initial response)
then I'd say the offer is still valid, indeed the
form:

<<http://images.apple.com/macosx/pdf/tigermediaexchangev3.pdf>>

says that the offer is valid until 22 December, 2005

So fill in the form and they are required t supply you with the CD's.

In the longer term I agree that an external DVD
drive is a good idea but have just under 2 months
until you are forced into that option.
--

Regards,

Mark (}-:
+61 (0)4 1927 7198
Skype / AIM / iChat: gibsonm1

Windows 95 /Win' d–z/: n., 32-bit extensions and
a graphical shell for a 16-bit patch to an 8-bit
operating system originally coded for a 4-bit
microprocessor, written by a 2-bit company, that
can't stand 1 bit of competition.