[X4U] Printer Problem

Peter Saint James peterstj at earthlink.net
Wed Nov 2 11:12:07 PST 2005

         I have a printer problem that I'd appreciate some help with
that I suspect is not actually with the printer but in the computer
or the connection.

         In the middle of printing a page, the printer stops.  The
window on the printer says it is still printing.  The print queue
dialog box in System Preferences says it is stopped.  If I click on
the "resume printing" button in the Print Queue dialog box, it will
usually resume printing.  Sometimes it will start the half-printed
page over.

         This is an all-in-one machine which includes a scanner which
also has a problem that might come from the same source.   Sometimes
when I try to scan, or sometimes in the middle of a scanning job, a
box will appear that says that the computer cannot connect with the
scanner.  When I click to close this box, another one appears that
says something about not being able to connect to a twain device.
They only way I have found to deal with this is to reboot the
computer.  Sometimes that doesn't even work.

         This is an HP 2175 all-in-one machine.  It connects to a 15-
inch Al Powerbook running Tiger.  It is connected directly by a USB
cable.

         Help appreciated.  TIA.

                                                     Peter