[X4U] OSX and fonts

Vince Lewis vplewis at mac.com
Fri Nov 4 07:37:32 PST 2005

I'm using it (Version 1.0fc3 (build C751)) and can report that I've
experienced zero problems with it—or fonts. Have used it with 10.4.2
and now with 10.4.3. I have ~1,400 fonts active and don't experience
any slowdowns except when waking from sleep--my guess is that it's re-
registering all the font ids. I'm pretty happy with it. I had been
using Suitcase (since 1988) but was always having minor annoyances
with it and finally stopped using anything. I leave the standard
Apple supplied fonts in /System/Library/Fonts & /Library and all the
rest in ~/Documents/Typefaces. This is on a 2.5x2 PowerMac and 512MB
RAM.
ciao,
Vince