[X4U] iphoto slowness

John Kiss john.kiss at comcast.net
Sat Nov 12 08:43:06 PST 2005

On Nov 12, 2005, at 11:18 AM, Kansas Territory wrote:

> So I went to check the size of iPhoto folder and my Library.iPhoto
> file.
> 2700 photos
> iPhoto folder = 8.14 GB
> Library.iPhoto = 83.2 MB     (Considerably larger than your 16MB
> size Library.iPhoto file for your 3700 pictures !! )
>
> hmmm wonder what's up with that ?

Your iPhoto folder of 8.14 GB averages out to about 3MB per picture -
about the same as mine. Your library file is way different than mine.
Macintouch's articles talk about file bloat using certain cameras/
utility apps. I didn't dig into it too deeply but your answer may be
there hopefully.

Good luck