[X4U] Re: CD stuck in drive

Tut tut at mac.com
Sun Nov 20 14:36:24 PST 2005

Thanks John, but I have used those too ­ no luck.  The paper clip
does not work since Apple chose not to include the manual eject
hole in the latest  iMacs.

> You missed this one <http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=25345>

And Michael, my iMac is a G5, 20², 2 GHz running the latest software

> Just to clarify..is this an iMac G5 or an iMac G4?  Yes, I know you
> got it in June.  Just trying to make sure...

> Michael

So,is there anyone who knows how to remove a CD out of a drive?
I have no trouble removing the drive out of the Mac to get at it.
The drive is a PIONEER DVD-RW  DVR-K04L using FW ver. D441

BTW, System Profiler does not detect any CD in the drive,
unless I restart with Command+option PR.

It seems to me like the eject mechanism is defective.
The CD can spin and I can read it data.