[X4U] Tiger's Calculator.app no longer does percentages?

Neil Lists at mac.com
Sun Nov 27 12:15:01 PST 2005

on 11/27/05 2:32 PM, Aron Spencer wrote:

> Ah, but .15 is a ratio as well. So is 1. ¼, however is not, nor are e, ˆ2, ˆ3,
> ˆ5, ....
> Hence the term "rational numbers".

OK, I can see that there is some confusion because decimals and fractions
can be ratios or they can be numbers.  Percents are different in that
percentage is by definition a ratio.   It is never a number.  You use
percents to calculate a number.  That¹s why a 15% tip is not the same thing
as a 15 cent tip.