[X4U] Changing mice

Stroller macmonster at myrealbox.com
Sun Nov 27 18:25:13 PST 2005

On Nov 27, 2005, at 7:14 pm, Miche Doherty wrote:

> On 27 Nov 2005, at 9:55 am, Stroller wrote:
>
>> Although Logitech used to have a funky & extremely useful pop-up-menu
>> utility for the 3rd button (or scroll button) under Windows, I can't
>> imagine how additional drivers would be beneficial for a 3-button
>> scroll mouse under OS X.
>
> You might want to change what the third button does. I have the third
> button on my Logitech mouse mapped to Cmd-W, and the scroll button to
> Cmd-click (can't remember what the defaults were) using the provided
> driver. Saves a little time.

Ah! I thought System Preferences' "Keyboard & Mouse" did that, but I
see that I have mapped the middle button using  Exposé's preference.
IMHO the ideal way to handle changing the behaviour of the middle
button is in the o/s (well window manager), alleviating the necessity
for each mouse manufacturer to write, supply & maintain their own
driver, but of course I can see why some do so, if Apple fail to supply
useful functionality such as you describe.

My apologies,

Stroller.