[X4U] Applecare

Rod Duncan roduncan at telus.net
Wed Oct 5 00:08:37 PDT 2005

>on 05/10/03 12:13, Phillip Deackes at phillip at madgestevens.net wrote:
>
>>  Is Applecare transferable to a new owner, should I sell the PB?
>
>In the USA it is transferable.  I'd say that if you use your powerbook more
>than 10 hours per week and/or regularly commute with it, buy AppleCare.

I have ALWAYS bought Applecare with my Powerbooks. Recently purchased
it for the most recent PB. A 15" 1.67 AI.

Sold my 667 DVI PB and transferred the Applecare to my physician.
Sealed the deal with the transferrable Applecare warranty. You have
to notify Apple and provide them with the new owner etc. I am in
Canada. Applecare in completely international so would think it is
globally transferrable. The extended warranty stays with the portable.

Rod