[X4U] Can't see FreeBSD server in Network

Charles Howse chowse at charter.net
Mon Oct 17 07:50:01 PDT 2005

Hello List,
Not sure if this is the right list, but maybe someone can help me.

I have a PowerMac G5, named "larry", which the 'Sharing' tab in System
Preferences tells me that other machines on the network can access as
'larry.local'.

I have a FreeBSD machine on the same subnet, named "moe" (no domain name),
with NFS enabled.
I can connect to the FreeBSD machine's share by using "Connect to Server",
but the machine doesn't show up in the Network pane of Finder.

Is this an issue with the Mac or the FreeBSD machine?
How can I make the FreeBSD machine show up in Finder?

--
Thanks,
Charles