[X4U] Incremental backup suggestions?

Randy B.Singer randy at macattorney.com
Mon Oct 17 22:22:32 PDT 2005

adam brodsky said:

>I know this topic has been covered, probably dozens of times. However has it
>been discussed specifically for Panther?
>I just got one of the new iBooks  14 inch 1.42mhz system 10.4 with the super
>drive. And I¹m looking for an elegant, inexpensive simple program to make
>incremental backups to DVD¹s

The hard part of your question is your desire to back up to DVD's.
Though there are a bunch of backup utilities for OS X, backups spanning
multiple DVD's is a fairly rare feature, especially among inexpensive
backup utilities.

But I think that I have a solution that will meet your needs!

Impression ($25)
http://babelcompany.com/impression/
Can back up directories to multiple optical discs (CD-R, CD-RW, and
DVD-R) with multi-directory backups, incremental/differential backups,
and direct-to-disk archiving.

Randy B. Singer

http://www.macattorney.com/ts.html