[X4U] Lack of sleep

RR robertr71 at san.rr.com
Thu Sep 1 13:47:17 PDT 2005

This is a well documented bug for SP 1.8Ghz G5 Tower (600mhzFSB).
Apple recommends you do not allow your mac to sleep.  That is a round
about way of saying this mac can't sleep.  There are several other
things this machine can't do either.

You might want to check this thread.
http://discussions.info.apple.com/webx?14@359.eCFBaxTl8oY.1@.68959e5e/
790

It's a very long read but happens to be loaded with insights on the
SP 1.8Ghz G5 Tower.  It also helps explain why apple dropped this
product.

You should visit this site as well...

http://www.g5freeze.com/index.html

Unfortunately it documents that apple's hardware design team and
software integration team might not really be a team.  Many of the
defects documented so heavily in the SP 1.8Ghz G5 Tower also manifest
themselves in the rest of the G5 product line.  Ominous.

Tiger, quite frankly - SUCKS.