[X4U] Convert Tiger DVD to CD's

Michael Winter winter at mac.com
Fri Sep 2 08:26:57 PDT 2005

On Sep 2, 2005, at 10:11 AM, Crandon David wrote:

> Turns out he's only got a CD-R in there. Is there a way to convert
> the DVD into CD's? I've heard I can order them from Apple, but my
> uncle is pissed off enough that he doesn't even want to deal with
> it anymore. Is there a way I can convert the DVD into CD's?

Other than backing up the DVD across several CDs, then piecing it
back together on his hard drive, I don't know of any way to do it. If
you have a Firewire hard drive around that you could create a copy
on, that would be better.

I sent Apple some feedback on this. In the old days, when we
transitioned from floppies to CDs, Apple included all the necessary
floppy disk images on the CD so the user could make their own
installation floppies. IMO they really should have done the
equivalent for Tiger, making it possible for users to burn their own
installation CDs.

-Mike