Looking at platforms objectively [X4U]

Michael Elliott michaelelliott at mac.com
Sat Sep 3 07:07:37 PDT 2005

Bjorn,

Could you educate me on what the advantages for Quartz 2D Extreme
will be?  I've heard the term thrown around, but I don't understand
what exactly will be sped up.  (Or not...since I don't know if my
iMac G4 1.25 Ghz or iBook G4 will support it!).  What "things we
previously had run as effortlessly" will run better now?

Michael